Marathon Training W9D3
And I had four snowy miles today on the schedule. Wait, what? If you believe that, then clearly you haven’t been paying attention.
So, as I didn’t get to sleep last night until 1:00 and had a terrible night’s sleep that left me ultimately awake at 5:30, I lounged around in bed until after 7:00 hoping to get back to sleep. As that wasn’t happening, I decided that I’d better head down to the treadmill to knock out my four miles. It was a nice run with a nice winter backdrop through my little basement window. Until I ran 2.5 miles that is…that is when the treadmill stopped short and everything went dark for a second. The jarring of the sudden stop felt awesome on my knees I tell you! Then the lights powered up (yay!)for a second and went out again (boo!). And again. And now they appear to be out for good. Argh!!! I am so sick of losing my power whenever a storm rolls through! And I still have to figure out a way to get in the last mile and a half. Oops, I also forgot to stop my Garmin…those splits are going to look awesome.
Today is definitely not one of those days that will go according to plan. Here are some examples:
1) When I looked at the extended forecast last Saturday, they were showing today as high-40’s and sunny, so I thought I maybe would be able to get out for a nice walk with the little man while the kids were at school.
Reality: Snow day-4 kids home-not happening (and I maintain that I can’t trust the weathermen)
2) Sunday is normally laundry day, but I have to run 10 miles in the morning and then I have to go to a birthday party, so laundry day was being moved to today.
Reality: Before I headed down to the treadmill, I put a load in the washing machine and now it’s stuck in mid-cycle due to no power. Looks like I will have no clean clothes until Monday, unless I get a bucket and do it that way - nah I’m far too lazy for that.
3) I came home from work last night to a sinkful of dishes. I figured they could wait until the morning to go in the dishwasher.
Reality: They are not getting washed-again far too lazy to hand wash.
4) I was going to vacuum the house.
Reality: No power=no vroom
5) I was going to run 4 miles.
Reality: I’m lucky not to have treadmill burn on my face.
6) I was going to make Mac and Cheese in the Crock pot for dinner tonight as my husband doesn’t eat meat on Fridays during Lent.
Reality: looks like we’ll be having pizza…again
7) I was going to take a nap.
Reality: Yes, that is totally going to happen. And since I can’t do anything else, it will be completely guilt-free. (I do like this reality)
Aren’t you all jealous of the exciting life I lead?